|Creation (New Players Guide)|
Race - Deity - Class
Gifts - Backgrounds - Alignment
Mark of Destiny - Epic Sacrifice
Customization - Head List - Builds
|Description - Disguise / Covered|
Languages - Experience - Quests
Pickpocket - Rest
Death - Lycanthropy - Investigate
Sequencers - Runic Sequencers
|Settlements - Factions|
Quarters - Shops - Bank
Riding - Sailing
Communication - Portals
Time - Containers/Bags
Radiant Heart - Assassin's Guild
|Item Creation Systems:|
|Alchemy - Art Craft - Carpentry|
Herb - Smith - Tailor
Dweomercraft - Runes
Weapons - Melee / Ranged / Siege
Resources - Poison
|Classes - Skills - Feats|
Spells (list) - Summons
Familiar Reskins - Misc
|Rules - Roleplay - Maps|
Common Bugs - Staff
Support Tickets - Character Remake
Blackguard is a default prestige class with Arelith specific changes.
Arelith Blackguards enjoy many changes that benefit their spell-like abilities and summons. Mechanical changes are included in the #Class Mechanics on this page and explained in the #Arelith Changes section. Base mechanics can be found on NWNWiki. The #Roleplay Tips section provides suggestions for character development.
Alignment restrictions: Any evil
Base attack bonus: +6
Hit die: d10
Proficiencies: armor (light, medium, heavy), shields, weapons (martial, simple)
Skill points: 4 + int modifier ((4 + int modifier) * 4 at 1st level)
Class Skills: bluff, concentration, craft mastery, discipline, heal, intimidate, leadership, listen, lore, parry, ride, sail, spot, taunt
Additional feats: improved turning
Unavailable feats: craft wand, scribe scroll, weapon specialization
Primary saving throw(s): fortitude
Base attack bonus: +1/level
Hit points rolls on Arelith are always maximum.
|2nd||+2||+3||+0||+0||bull's strength, dark blessing, Divine Smite, fearless +2||20||-|
|3rd||+3||+3||+1||+1||create undead, turn undead, Stream: Zombies||30||-||UCL 2 (Undead)|
|4th||+4||+4||+1||+1||Arelith custom poison (ACP) +1 DC||40||1d6|
|5th||+5||+4||+1||+1||summon fiend, fearless +4||50||1d6||UCL 3 (Undead & Fiend)|
|7th||+7||+5||+2||+2||contagion||70||2d6||UCL 4 (Undead & Fiend)|
|8th||+8||+6||+2||+2||fearless +6,ACP +2 DC||80||2d6|
|9th||+9||+6||+3||+3||fearless: fear immunity||90||2d6||UCL 5 (Undead & Fiend)|
Bonus feats: The epic blackguard gains a bonus feat every three levels. In other words, at levels 13, 16, and 19.
Epic blackguard bonus feats: armor skin, epic fiendish servant, epic prowess, epic reputation, epic toughness, epic weapon focus, great smiting, improved combat casting, improved sneak attack, overwhelming critical, perfect health, planar turning
Unavailable epic feats: epic weapon specialization, outsider shape, construct shape, dragon shape, undead shape
|12th||ACP +3 DC||120||3d6|
|16th||ACP +4 DC,bonus feat||160||5d6|
|17th||Divine Synergy, Extra Turning||170||5d6|
|19th||bonus feat, Great Smiting I||190||6d6|
|20th||Aura of Despair, Unholy Accuracy,ACP +5 DC||200||6d6|
|Class skills||-||Blackguards on Arelith gain access to Bluff, Listen, Sail and Spot as class skills.|
|Prerequisites||-||Hide Ranks and Cleave are not necessary to take blackguard levels anymore. Only evil and +6 BAB.|
|Divine Wands||-||Blackguards on Arelith gain access to divine wands.|
|Bonus Language||-||Infernal if Lawful. Abyssal if Chaotic or Neutral.|
|Summoning Changes||-||For specifics, read Summoning Changes which details how summons are changed on Arelith and Summons which details each specific summon stream and what is summoned at each tier of the stream.|
|Bull's Strength Spell-Like Ability||2|| Always gives +4 instead of 1d4+1 STR.
|Fearless||2||A Blackguard is conditioned to charge into battle against even the most fearsome of opponents and gains a +2 bonus to saving throws vs fear. This bonus increases to +4 at level 5, +6 at level 8, and becomes Fear Immunity at level 9.|
|Divine Smite||2|| Instant use. Adds Charisma Modifier to AB and class levels to damage (Capping at 20). Cooldown is 6 seconds between use, increased by 1 second per Great Smiting feat. You can save up to a single use of this skill, Extra smiting allows you to save up to 3 uses. A single use refreshes every 3 minutes, Extra Smiting halves the refresh time to 1.5 Minutes. Only works with melee weapons. Divine Smite shares the character's weapon threat range and critical multiplier, with the exception of bonuses granted by Weapon Master feats.
|Arelith custom poisons||4||Every 4 levels, a Blackguard receives +1 DC when using Arelith's custom poisons.|
|Turn Undead||3||This feat has been heavily customized on Arelith, read more about it here.|
|Create Undead||3|| Infinite uses/day, but instead has a cooldown of 6 minutes starting the moment the undead is slain or dismissed.
|Summon Fiend||5|| Infinite uses/day, but instead has a cooldown of 6 minutes starting the moment the fiend is slain or dismissed.
|Corrupt Weapon||6|| 1/day. When targeting their own equipped weapon (right-hand equipment slot), a Blackguard enchants the weapon for +1 + 1 per 5 Blackguard levels (1 +1, 5 +2, 10 +3, 15 +4, 20 +5).
|Epic Fiendish Servant||16|| Taking this epic feat increases summon fiend tier by +1.
Additionally adds a UCL Tier +1 to Create Undead Summons (Capped at T6).
|Aura of Despair||20||Any non-mind immune enemies that enter the aura suffer a -2 penalty to saving throws for 1 minute (1 turn). The aura can be cast as an action as many times as the Blackguard likes and it lasts for 15 minutes (15 turns). The effects do not stack with itself.|
|Unholy Accuracy||20||Increases the enhancement bonus on Corrupt Weapon by +1|
Divine Smite is an instant use ability. Adds Charisma Modifier to AB and source class levels to damage (Capping at 20). Cooldown is 6 seconds between use, increased by 1 second per Great Smiting feat. You can save up to a single use of this skill, Extra smiting allows you to save up to 3 uses. A single use refreshes every 3 minutes, Extra Smiting halves the refresh time to 1.5 Minutes. Works with melee weapons and unarmed. Divine Smite shares the character's weapon threat range and critical multiplier, with the exception of bonuses granted by Weapon Master feats.
Divine Smite grants scaling Damage based upon the difference between the smiter's alignment and the alignment of the recipient of the Smite.
The full amount of Smite damage (100%) is delivered at opposite ends of the Alignment Chart, meaning a Lawful Good smiter and a Chaotic Evil recipient (or vice versa). Partial Smite damage is delivered based upon the following:
- Start at 0% Smite Damage (same alignment)
- Each difference on the Law <-> Chaos axis is +10%
- Each difference on the Good <-> Evil axis is +40%
- A small, unknown RNG amount is then added to help prevent alignment metagaming
- Instant Attack:
Instant Attack Feats (Activated):
- Instant attacks share a cooldown timer: Dirty Fighting, Divine Smite, Eldritch Blast, Eviscerate, Elemental Maelstrom, Elemental Strike, Misericorde, Whirlwind Attack
- Using instant attacks lower attacks in the following round by 1. This is meant to offset the free attack gained by activating them.
- Instant attacks are made to look and feel like regular melee attacks while actually being an entirely independent feature. Cannot trigger cleave and similar abilities for this reason.
- Instant attacks mirror the animation delay of regular attacks via a short cooldown after casting a spell.
- Parrying instant attacks works differently the normal parry mechanics because it is scripted and implemented differently. Parry cannot riposte instant attacks, but parrying the instant attack does not count against parries-per-round. Against a character that has 4 APR and additionally uses an instant attack every round (like a hasted Spellsword), parry builds can parry 4 of these 5 attacks per round and riposte three of them.
- Most instant attacks (except Whirlwind Attack) ignore Weapon Master crit feats. Exception is elemental strike/maelstrom which only allows Ki Critical for Bladesingers (where the feat is built-in to the path) to enable their extra threat range.
- If an attacker is running, their melee instant special attacks against PCs now roll at a disadvantage.
- This disadvantage applies to both attack and threat rolls, causing the attacker to roll a d20 twice and proceed with the lower result. Replaces a prior 0.5 second movement speed penalty.
- Epic Dodge does not cause Instant Attacks to automatically miss due to an engine limitation (Epic Dodge is hard coded to affect normal flurry attacks). It instead forces any Instant Attack to roll at disadvantage until it causes one to miss. Then it goes on cooldown for 6 seconds.
- This means attacking a target that has Epic Dodge while moving will roll twice at disadvantage. Effectively rolling four times.
|Lawful Good (LG)||Neutral Good (NG)||Chaotic Good (CG)|
|Lawful Neutral (LN)||True Neutral (N)||Chaotic Neutral (CN)|
|Lawful Evil (LE)||Neutral Evil (NE)||Chaotic Evil (CE)|
- Information about default NWN class are available on NWNWiki.