Kyristan's Malevolent Tentacles
From Arelith Wiki
Spell Level(s): Cleric(Undeath) 6, Hemomancer 7, Sorcerer 6, Warlock 6, Wizard 6 Innate Level: 6 School: Necromancy Descriptor(s): None Component(s): Verbal, Somatic Range: Medium (20 meters) Area of Effect / Target: Large (5 meter radius), 1d4 tentacles + 1 / caster level (maximum 20) Duration: 1 Round / 2 Levels Additional Counter Spells: None Save(s): Fortitude special Spell Resistance: No Description: A field of thick, 10 foot life draining tentacles erupt from the ground. Each is capable of grappling a target. If grappled, the target takes 1d4+1 negative damage per tentacle (or with ESF Necromancy: Entropy Damage) and must then make fortitude saving throws against level drain(1d3) and paralysis. The tentacles are randomly spread out over the area of effect allowing no more than half of the tentacles to reach a single target in any given round. Small creatures are not immune to the spell's effects.
- Under construction.
- Persistent area spells do not stack with themselves. When the same spell is cast it will be replaced and refreshed.
- Different area spells may be stacked.
- Same spell by different caster stacks.
- The same spell may be casted away from 50% of the center of the Area of Effect (AoE) radius, allowing a section where they can overlap, and hit twice.
- Acid Fog, Wall of Fire, Incendiary Cloud and Cloudkill spells will ignore NPC and PC corpses, but still damage furniture/placables normally.
- Table key:
- CEoR: Checks made on (e)ntry, per (r)ound, or (b)oth.
- SpR: Speed reduction.
CEoR SpR Acid Fog 6 b 75% Blade Barrier 6 b Cloud of Bewilderment 2 b Cloudkill 5 b Creeping Doom 7 b Daltim's Fiery Tentacles 5 b Evard's Black Tentacles 4 b Entangle (spell) 1 e Grease 1 b 50% Incendiary Cloud 8 b Kyristan's Malevolent Tentacles 6 b Mind Fog 5 e Shadow Plague 8 b Spike Growth 3 b Stinking Cloud 3 b Stonehold 6 b Storm of Vengeance 9 b Wall of Fire 4 b Wall of Ice 4 b Web 2 b Vine Mine 5 b
- Movement speed reduction check on entry only.