From Arelith Wiki
Spell Level(s): Bard 3, Sorcerer 3, Spellsword 3, Wizard 3 Innate Level: 3 School: Transmutation Descriptor(s): Weapon Enchantment Component(s): Verbal, Somatic Range: Touch Area of Effect / Target: Creature or melee weapon Duration: 2 minutes / level Additional Counter Spells: None Save(s): None Spell Resistance: No Description: Adds the keen property to the targeted edged melee weapon. Based on the hit dice of the creature holding the weapon and caster level for duration: 1-6 +1 AB Keen 1d4 massive criticals, 7-11 +2 AB Keen 1d8 massive criticals, 12-17 +3 AB Keen 2d6 massive criticals, 18+ +4 AB Keen 2d8 massive criticals. Restricted weapon enchantment.
- Restricted weapon enchantments cannot be used with magical weapons, weapons with any property, or stacked with each other.
- Non-restricted weapon enchantments can be used freely in any weapon and stacked with one another; even on Restricted weapon enchantments.
- Players commonly seek out bronze weapons (which have no properties) to have blank weapons to be able to apply Restricted weapon enchantments first, and then cast additional Non-restricted enchantments.
- Casting a weapon enchantment on a target with an invalid main hand weapon (due to the weapon already being enchanted or possessing magical properties) will attempt to apply the weapon enchantment to the offhand.
Spell Restricted or
Blackstaff Non-Restricted No Blade Thirst Non-Restricted No Bless Weapon Non-Restricted Yes Deafening Clang Non-Restricted No Holy Sword Non-Restricted N/A Darkfire Restricted Yes Elemental Weapon Restricted Yes Greater Magic Weapon Restricted Yes Keen Edge Restricted Yes Magic Weapon Restricted No
- Additionally, the weapon enchantments Bless Weapon, Darkfire, Elemental Weapon, Greater Magic Weapon, and Keen Edge spells cast from items such as scrolls and wands will:
- Use the Caster Level of the item for the Duration of the spell.
- Use the Character Level of the item user for the Effects of the spell.
- Bless Weapon exceptions:
- Will grant +2d6 damage vs. dragons if the user of the scroll is level 18 or higher. The CL of the scroll is still level 17 and Enhancement bonus is capped at +3.
- Note: It is possible to achieve +4 enhancement with Loremaster scroll + levels (17 CL scroll + 5 levels from LM = 22 CL scroll), but still requires the base character level to be at least 21 for the effects.
- Examples - A Character of various levels using a Greater Magic Weapon Scroll (Caster Level 15)
- A level 30 Character will have a duration of 5 hours (15 Caster Level/3 hours) and an enhancement bonus of +5 ((Character Level +3)/4 - capped at +5).
- A level 15 Character will have a duration of 5 hours (15 Caster Level/3 hours) and an enhancement bonus of +4 ((Character Level +3)/4).
- A level 5 Character will have a duration of 5 hours (15 Caster Level/3 hours) and an enhancement bonus of +2 ((Character Level +3)/4)