Greater Spell Breach
From Arelith Wiki
Spell Level(s): Elementalist 6, Hemomancer 8, Shaman 7, Sorcerer 6, Spellsword 6, Warlock 7, Wizard 6 Innate Level: 6 School: Abjuration Descriptor(s): None Component(s): Verbal, Somatic Range: Medium (20 meters) Area of Effect / Target: Single Duration: Special Additional Counter Spells: Globe of Invulnerability, Greater Spell Mantle Save(s): None Spell Resistance: No Description: This spell strips the target creature of up to four magical defenses according to the Breach List. This spell will also reduce the target creature's SR by 5 for ten rounds.
- Area of effect dispels will no longer try to dispel the highest spell level effect(s). Instead they will try to dispel all effects up until two have been removed.
- Each Spell Focus in Abjuration grants a cumulative +1 to Dispel rolls with Epic granting an additional +1 for a total of +4. These are applied after the Level Cap imposed by individual spells.
- Arcane Defense: Abjuration increases a characters effective Caster Level by +2 when trying to resist a Dispel.
- To remove an effect in a dispel check, the caster makes a dispel check of 1d20 +1 per caster level (up to a maximum) against a DC of 12 + the spell effect's caster level.
- See Dispel Tables for a breakdown and tables of common situations and their probabilities.
- See Breach List for changes to what spells are breached first.
- Nature's Balance breaches more spells with investment in Spell Focus: Transmutation.
Lesser Dispel 2 5 N/A Dispel Magic 3 10 N/A Greater Dispelling 6 23 N/A Mordenkainen's Disjunction 9 23 6 (2 AoE) Lesser Spell Breach 4 N/A 2 Greater Spell Breach 6 N/A 4 Nature's Balance 8 N/A 2-3 AoE