|Settlements - Factions|
Quarters - Shops - Bank
Riding - Sailing
Communication - Portals
Time - Containers/Bags
|Description - Disguise / Covered|
Languages - Experience - Quests
Pickpocket - Rest
Death - Lycanthropy
|Classes - Skills - Feats|
Spells - Summons - Misc
|Rules - Roleplay - Maps|
Common Bugs - Staff
Console Commands are commands that can be entered into the text box in game. These are not to be confused with the in-game console, brought up with the ~ key.
- 1 NWN console command
- 2 Mith's Virtual Console
- 3 Rest Menu
- 4 Available Languages
- 5 Available Actions
- 5.1 !
- 5.2 -adventure
- 5.3 -ama
- 5.4 -apply_mod
- 5.5 -Assassinate
- 5.6 -associate
- 5.7 -backpack
- 5.8 -badge
- 5.9 -balance
- 5.10 -blind
- 5.11 -bonus_language
- 5.12 -cleanup
- 5.13 -cd
- 5.14 -cloak
- 5.15 -colour_mode
- 5.16 -console_mode
- 5.17 -cooldown
- 5.18 -cover
- 5.19 -date
- 5.20 -date_mode
- 5.21 -delete_character
- 5.22 -description
- 5.23 -detect_evil
- 5.24 -disguise
- 5.25 -disguise_r
- 5.26 -dismiss
- 5.27 -dispel
- 5.28 -dissaportal
- 5.29 -domain
- 5.30 -emote
- 5.31 -emote_style
- 5.32 -factions
- 5.33 -familiar
- 5.34 -fate
- 5.35 -fetch
- 5.36 -follow
- 5.37 -forum_pwd
- 5.38 -giveup
- 5.39 -guard
- 5.40 -head
- 5.41 -height
- 5.42 -helm
- 5.43 -hood
- 5.44 -hostile
- 5.45 -investigate
- 5.46 -language
- 5.47 -leave_party
- 5.48 -listoutfit
- 5.49 -loadoutfit
- 5.50 -losexp
- 5.51 -makesafe
- 5.52 -manual
- 5.53 -mimic
- 5.54 -move_fixture
- 5.55 -name
- 5.56 -notells
- 5.57 -observe
- 5.58 -path
- 5.59 -pickup_fixture
- 5.60 -playerlist
- 5.61 -polymorph
- 5.62 -portal_ord
- 5.63 -portrait
- 5.64 -pray
- 5.65 -project_image
- 5.66 -prefix_mode
- 5.67 -recommend
- 5.68 -remake_character
- 5.69 -respite
- 5.70 -reveal
- 5.71 -revealparty
- 5.72 -rogue
- 5.73 -rotate_fixture
- 5.74 -save
- 5.75 -saveoutfit
- 5.76 -scry
- 5.77 -ship
- 5.78 -soundset
- 5.79 -spellc
- 5.80 -stream
- 5.81 -subdual
- 5.82 -teleport
- 5.83 -teleport create
- 5.84 -time
- 5.85 -toggle
- 5.86 -track
- 5.87 -transfer
- 5.88 -twohand
- 5.89 -unrelent
- 5.90 -updates
- 5.91 -usefeat
- 5.92 -walk
- 5.93 -ward
- 5.94 -ward teleport
- 5.95 -warlock
- 5.96 -yoink
- 6 PGCC Only
NWN console command
Player Standard NWN console commands can be found on listed on NWN wiki. These command allows for example roll dices or move your character out of wall (-makesafe).
Below are described only commands that are specific for Arelith.
Mith's Virtual Console
On Arelith it is possible to use a unique system of console commands to perform different Actions or use Languages.
To access the list of all available commands, just type "-" into the toolbar and send it in with Enter. The list will display in a popup screen. Commands in green are usable and red unusable by the character.
Commands that target another player, like -scry, can be sent as a tell to another player. This eliminates the need to type the first part of that character's name. The targeted player won't actually see the tell. The ! command can also be sent as a tell to hostile just one person.
All -commands have the optional parameter ?, which allows player to see detailed information on how to use that particular command. Example: -dispel ? shows player information on how to use -dispel.
The commands may be used with a slash (/) instead of a hyphen (-).
Attempting to rest will instead prompt a window with several options. The menu features from normal functions (resting) to replacement of some in-game items that are used to access other features of Arelith, like the deities and gods menu, the crafting menu, or the commands below, amongst other.
- Main article: Languages
Depending on race, subrace, class and alignment, character can understand and speak various languages. By using the following command in the chat console, they can speak a sentence in a specific language:
-xx The text, you want to speak.
Replace xx with the mnemonic of the language the text should be translated into, e.g. ' -el This is Elven.' A List of all available languages and the according mnemonics you receive by entering '-' (hyphen) in the chat console.
- -- ... Common
- -ab ... Abyssal
- -an ... Animal
- -ce ... Celestial
- -dr ... Draconic
- -du ... Druidic
- -dw ... Dwarven
- -el ... Elven
- -gi ... Giant
- -gl ... Gnoll
- -gn ... Gnome
- -go ... Goblin
- -ha ... Halfling
- -in ... Infernal
- -or ... Orc
- -ro ... Roushoum
- -si ... Sign language
- -sy ... Sylvan
- -th ... Thieves cant
- -un ... Undercommon
- -xa ... Xanalress
This command sets state to hostile for all characters that are not in your party and within 10 meters (30 feet) radius from you. It can be sent in a tell to target only a single character.
Enables Adventuring Mode
With Adventure mode enabled, a character gains only 50% of experience, but an extra 100% of experience goes to the Adventure XP pool. Adventure XP slowly turns into normal experience every IG hour. IE: Killing a 20 experience goblin would only give 10, but 20 to the pool.
Gives a list of players who are willing to answer questions by sending them a tell
This lists players who have used the -badge command to indicate that they are willing to answer questions in tells.
Allows a character to apply a Mark. If the character is below level 12, they will receive a Mark of Destiny. Above level 12, they will receive a Mark of Dauntlessness.
Mark a target for death (For Assassins only)
Use: -Assassinate ["Character Name"]
This ability may be better used sending it as a PM to the intended target to Mark them.
Speak through a companion.
- -a I'm your generic familiar/animal companion!
- -f /w And this is your familiar whispering!
Allows a player to speak through their familiar or animal companion without possessing it. It can also be used to speak through a character's projected image (see -project_image), dominated creatures and the shadowdancer's shadow. Companions compatible with -a can also whisper or shout, but they generally cannot speak other languages than Common.
This allows characters to toggle the visibility of their currently selected backpack.
This lists players who have used the -badge command to indicate that they are willing to answer questions in tells.
Adds badges to your player card on portal.arelith.com
Use: -badge <badge type> Use: -badge list
This command adds badges to the portal.arelith.com website. Typing "-badge list" will list players who have badges activated.
Currently there are two <badge types> that can be added: 1. "ama" (-badge ama)which is short for "ask me anything." Giving yourself this badge means players can ask you questions about the server or game in tells. Your name will also show up if players use the -ama command to list players with this badge. 2. "dm" (-badge dm) which will apply a badge on your player card letting DMs know that you require their help. Basically a beacon to let DMs know that you need them.
Alters the population. For druids only.
May be used once per rest to regulate the balance of an area.
Blinds your character (RP tool).
-dispel cancels effect of this command
Opens a dialogue for picking up bonus language gained by the Loremaster's bonus languages.
Cleans nearby pool of blood.
Alias, see -cooldown.
Toggle cloak visibility.
A shortcut for -toggle cloak
Changes chat format.
Use: -colour_mode [number]
See: Chat Format
Changes chat format
Use: -console_mode [number]
See: Chat Format
Displays or forces a reset of the active cooldown list for the character.
- Displays the active cooldown list for the character
- -cooldown all
- Forces a restore for any ability with an expired cooldown.
- -cooldown foci
- Forces a restore for Infi cast spells granted by GSF.
Confirms that you are covered or not.
- -cover state
- Shows the current state of the cover functionality and what amount of cover your current outfit provides.
More information in the Fully Covered article.
Displays a lot of information.
- -date -s
Despite the name of the command, -date displays: Date (with IC names), current time, State, Remaining Adventure XP, time until able to take new writ jobs, and Crafting Points refresh rate. Using the -s parameter will offer a shortened version.
Used to control how calendar year is displayed on letters and various other places.
- -date_mode 0
- Calendar year will be displayed in Arelith Reckoning.
- -date_mode 1
- Calendar year will be displayed in Arelith Reckoning, with Dale Reckoning shown after in parentheses.
- -date_mode 2
- Calendar year will be displayed in Dale Reckoning, with Arelith Reckoning shown after in parentheses.
Permanently deletes the current character.
Use: delete_character (twice)
Using -delete_character triggers the Epic Sacrifice.
Changes your characters' description
- -description [New character description]
- This will erase the previous description entirely.
- -description + [Next paragraph in the description]
- -description +np [Next paragraph in the description]
- -description +nl [New line in the same paragraph]
- -description +ap [Text in the same line] - remember to leave a space in the end if you are going to keep writing in the same line, or what you append next will not have a space whereyouleftoff.
- -description +save [File name] OR -savedesc [File Name]
- This will allow you to save your current description under the name of your choosing, and then reload them using:
- -description +rec [Saved file name] OR -recdesc [Saved file name]
- -description +del [Saved file name] OR -deldesc [Saved file name]
- Deletes the saved file.
- -description +list OR -listdesc
- Shows saved descriptions by name.
- -description +temp
- Opens an in-game window with information to set up a proper description.
- -description familiar Blah
- changes your familiar’s description to Blah.
- -description animalcompanion Blah
- Changes your animal companion’s description to Blah.
- -description +pin OR -pindesc
- Character description is set from pin.
- After you write text in the mini map pin's text area and click OK, then use command -pindesc, your character description will be changed to text you just wrote into pin's textbox
- Character description is set from pin.
- -description +save_cover [NAME]
- This option will allow saving cover descriptions, which are relatively short descriptions (less than 500 characters) that will automatically replace the regular/disguise description when your character is fully covered. (breaking the cover doesn't change the description)
- The command can be used without a name parameter to setup your default cover description.
- The final description shown when you are examined while fully covered will be:
- ) You specific disguise name cover description if it exists, else
- ) Your default cover description if it exists, else
- ) No description
More information on how to use these commands and what else you can do with them can be found in this article.
Informs of evil nearby. For paladins and Harper Paragons only.
Using this ability costs 10% of piety and 100 experience points.
All evil characters near the paladin make a Will save against a DC of 11 + paladin's wisdom modifier + 2 for each Divination spell focus the paladin has. If any evil characters fail, the paladin is informed that there is evil nearby.
Conceals character's identity, taking a new name.
Use: -disguise [Fake Name]
Use again to remove the disguise.
More information in the Disguise article.
Allows you to disguise your race as a similar one when covered.
Following the command with another race that matches your base race (Shield Dwarf -> Gold Dwarf, Drow -> Sun Elf, etc.), allows you to disguise yourself as one while covered. Breaking the cover without breaking the disguise will not reveal your real race.
Requires 20 base (points spent) into bluff/perform
See Fully_Covered#Disguise_Race for a table of disguise subraces.
Removes all dominated associates, causing them to *Wander off* and disappear.
Removes one or all spells that you have cast on yourself or other player characters.
- -dispel [spell]
- -dispel [spell] [spell] [spell] [spell] ...
Useful for getting rid of unwanted buffs.
Dispels any spell effects that players character have cast on themselves, including potion effects and summons. To dispel spells that you cast on another PC, send them -dispel as a tell. There is currently no way to automatically dispel wards that another PC has cast on you.
You can also dispel specific spells by determining the variable. For example, you can remove barkskin with -dispel bar. For specifics, type -dispel ?.
This command supports multiple arguments.
Hides your character from the player list available at portal.arelith.com
- -dissaportal. (Use a second time to turn it back on.)
Allows a player to change domains if they satisfy the following conditions:
- Cleric levels present
- Is worshipping a Deity
- Has a Domain Change Token granted by DMs or Developers upon request or a domain update
Note: This can also be initiated using the Rest Menu
- Rest Menu -> 3. Character -> 9. Domains
Perform visual emotes.
- -emote [emote]
The current list of emotes includes: Bow, Cast (uses last casted spell's VFX), Cheer, Conjure (uses last casted spell's VFX), Crouch, Dance, Kneel, Laugh, Leave, Lie, Fall, Read, Scoff, Sit, Threaten, Tremble, Wave, Worship.
The command can be use directly, instead of writing -emote [emote].
These emotes, in contrast of the ones from the radial menu, have a far longer duration.
Change characters used to define emotes.
Use: -emote_style [number]
Variants are 0 and 1.
- Style "0" is Standard. Emotes and translation omissions are used with emotes and brackets.
- IE Draconic: Wait there, brother [Tralarrae] *he gestures with a low hand*.
- Is translated: Itheik Mobi, isthasy Tralarrae *he gestures with a low hand*.
- Style "1" is Novel. Emotes are defined by the lack of special characters, and translation omissions are used with brackets.
- IE Draconic: "Wait there, brother [Tralarrae]" he gestures with a low hand.
- Is translated: "Itheik Mobi, Isthasy Tralarrae" he gestures with a low hand.
Manages your faction memberships.
Allows player to manage their faction memberships, create new factions, and send/review faction messages.
-faction is OOC communication device in game. By using it, you can read OOC messages left by others there. Only members of this -faction and DMs can see those messages. Those messages self-destruct in 1 month.
There is only 1 leader for each -faction, but leader can assign multiple recruiters, and multiple people that can use -faction to send messages. Anyone can create new faction by using the -faction command and following the dialogues with its console.
You can be member of multiple -factions.
Each member of -faction have a certain rank.
- Rank 0 means you can read messages.
- Rank 1 means you can additionally send messages.
- Rank 2 means you can additionally recruit new members.
- Rank 3 is the faction owner, who can also promote members.
Faction owner have access to all functions of faction:
- Change Member Rank
- Add Member
- Remove Member
- Send Message
- Remove Message
- View All Messages
- Disband Faction
Allows the player to change the look (skin) of their Familiar once per level.
New skin options: Attack Hound, Cat, Chicken, Dog, Falcon, Jaguar, Krenshar, Mouse, Parrot, Snake, Spider, Tiny Myconid, Tiny Slime, Toad, Worg
Depending on the selected default Familiar, different skin options are available:
- Bat: Cat, Mouse, Parrot
- Eyeball: Cat, Falcon, Toad
- Fairy Dragon: Chicken, Falcon, Parrot
- Fire Mephit: Snake, Spider
- Hell Hound: Attack Hound, Dog, Worg
- Ice Mephit: Snake, Mouse, Toad
- Imp: Toad, Spider
- Panther: Dog, Krenshar, Jaguar
- Pixie: Tiny Myconid, Tiny Slime, Mouse
- Pseudo Dragon: Chicken, Spider, Tiny Slime
- Raven: Falcon, Parrot, Tiny Myconid
Irongron Note (11 July 2021): This is the first stage, the actual stats of the base familiars and thus also their alternatives, will be adjusted in due course.
Limits the random factor of the Wild Surges. For wild mages only.
Use: -fate [number].
Teleports NPC companions to the PC. For debugging purposes only.
NPC companions entails such things as familiars, summons and henchmen, dominated creatures, and EDK. There is a two minute cooldown for this command.
This command is intended to be used when a companion is stuck beyond a transition or gets bugged somehow. It is not for dropping surprise dragons onto other characters in PvP or having it skip over traps.
Your character starts following the nearest member of your party.
Use: -follow ["character name"]
Works through transitions, but not server jump.
The target character must be in line of sight to start following.
Creates a password for forum.arelith.com.
Use: -forum_pwd ["your password"]
- This command creates a username on forum.arelith.com with the password you enter. Your username for the forum is the same as your NWN login name.
This command will allow your character to die and move on to the Fugue Plane if subdued.
- See the Subdual article to learn more.
Diverts enemy attention from allied character onto yourself.
Use: -guard ["character name"]
- Makes your character protect another character, as long as the guarded character is within melee range of the guard. When active, any enemies that choose to attack the guarded character will instead attack the guard. This has no effect on PvP, because it only affects the AI's behavior.
- Note that -guard will not function if the character using it is already being guarded by another.
- The Guard target can be changed by guarding a different character or cancelled by guarding your own.
- Guard does not block Attacks of Opportunity (AoO). The guarded character should therefore refrain from doing any of the following:
Changes your head to the head number given.
Use: -head headnumber
This command changes your head, to the head number given. Head numbers can be found on the Heads page. Use of this command is on a three hour countdown allowing you three hours to pick a new head.
Changes height of PC one time only.
Use: -height AA
- Tall [TL]: The PC is set to be 4-5% taller than average.
- Above Average [AA]: The PC is set to be 2-3% taller than average.
- Average [AV]: The PC is set to be 99% and 101% of base height.
- Below Average [BA]: The PC is set to be 2-3% shorter than average.
- Short [SH]: The PC is set to be 4-5% shorter than average
Toggle helmet visibility
A shortcut for -toggle helmet
Toggles hood on and off.
Use: -hood [number]
Human and half-elf female characters can use -hood 1 to equip an alternative maskless hood. Most races have at least one hood available (elves, gnomes), though a few others (gnolls, male dwarves, kobolds) don't.
Hostiles characters in a specified range.
Use: -hostile [number]
The number will define how large is the area of PCs hostiled around your character in yards. If no distance is defined, then all the PCs in the area will be hostiled.
Reveals information from special elements.
- Can be used on bloodstains (where a character died) and fixture remains to obtain more information.
- Can be used to interrogate NPCs.
- Uses Lore and Search on tandem. A high score of both is required to retrieve all the information possible.
- In the case of fixture remains, 1/3 of the crafter skill in the trade is added to the investigation score.
- Tiers of information are races involved, kind of damage dealt as killing blow, character class - if any is applicable.
- Bloodstains can be removed with Cleaning Implements.
Shows all the languages and their learning progress.
Leaves the current party. Specifically added for polymorphed characters who lack the option to use the radial menu but also allows anyone to leave their party.
This command will list all outfits the PC has saved by using the -saveoutfit command.
Loads saved outfit.
- -loadoutfit [outfit_name] - to load an outfit
- -saveoutfit [outfit_name] - to save an outfit.
- -saveoutfit -r [outfit_name] to replace a saved outfit with the same name.
- -saveoutfit -d [outfit_name] to delete a saved outfit.
Saving an outfit (using the command -saveoutfit) will record the current appearance of your armor/clothing, cloak, helmet, weapon and shield. Loading will replace the current look of the gear you have equipped at the moment with the saved configuration.
The saved outfit will be stored virtually, and it doesn't matter if you drop or change the appearance of the gear that you used originally. It will even work with different items as long as they belong to the same category (a heavy armor will be replaced with the saved configuration of any other heavy armor, but it will never take the appearance of a chainmail armor or clothing, and a longbow will not be replaced with the appearance of a shortbow).
This is a particularly useful tool for characters who specialize in the use of -disguise.
NOTE: This command has been disabled due to misuse.
Drop a specific sum of experience points.
Use: -losexp [number]
If you lose at least exactly one level worth of experience in one use of this command, you may remove and relocate 2 crafting points to your liking at a crafting station. Losing 7,000XP and 8,000XP when you need to lose 15,000XP will not trigger this function. Regaining a level will set the points in stone again. The more levels lost, the more points you may relocate.
To be precise, you have to lose your previous level worth of experience. If you are level 25, you need to remove 24.000 points of experience to relocate 2 tradepoint; if you want 4 tradepoints, you need to drop 47.000 (24.000 + 23.000) worth of experience, and so on.
Unstucks your character, for debugging purposes only.
- Using it will move PC to the nearest waypoint, which should in all cases be somewhere character can get out from. Note that Mithreas also updated all jail cells in the module to contain a waypoint, thus preventing people exploiting their way out of jail. Developers also log use of this feature and will smack abusers liberally with the ban stick.
Prompts up a window with information about Arelith-specfic changes and additions.
Use: -manual [manual]
If you write -manual without defining any topic, then you will see the list of available topics.
Includes information about races, classes, specific mechanics, such as languages, and others.
Disguises your demeanor and features through bluffing or performance.
Use: -mimic [stat] [output]
The stats and outputs that you can mimic are STRength, DEXterity, CONstitution, CHArisma, up to LOw, AVerage, HIgh, or STop.
You can only disguise one stat for every 7 ranks in bluff or perform. Characters will use their Spot or Search against the greater of either when examining to try and get through the mimicry. More in the Disguise article.
Moves a fixture by coordinates.
Use: -move_fixture [X-Number] [Y-Number] [Z-Number]
You must be within 4 yards of the fixture you desire to move. X and Y are defined by coordinates, where X is west-east and Y is north-south. Z is vertical. Use negative values to move them in the opposite direction!
Note that you cannot put fixtures where you are exactly standing, too close to a door, or move them into walls or out of bounds.
Changes your name (DM maintenance room only)
Use: -name [New Name]
Toggles Tells availability on and off
-notells opens a menu that allows players to control who they will receive Tells from. Optionally, a player can turn off Tells for everyone. If someone tries to send a player a Tell while they are blocked, they will receive a message telling them that the recipient has chosen not to receive Tells. If a player sends someone a Tell who cannot reply to them, then the player will get a warning reminding them of the block (but the Tell will go through).
DMs can always send you Tells, even if you have -notells on.
Observe a character to increase chance of catching pickpocket attempts.
-observe allows you to observe a character. While observing a character, you get +20 to your spot check for detecting your observation target's pickpocket (Sleight of Hand) attempt. Only one character can be observed at any time. Entering this command will put you into targeting mode. Then you just need to select the target you want to observe.
Allows choosing selected path as long as requirements are met.
The qualifying class has to be level 2 or below. Your first class can only choose a path via the character creation menu. Possible paths:
- Knight (this one can be taken on any level of PDK)
- True Flame
- Wild Mage
- Also, dragon disciples can choose wing color and damage type here, if done at level 2.
Eventually conversations outside the -path command for the above paths will be phased out.
Places a nearby fixture in your inventory.
- -pickup_fixture ["fixture_name"]
This allows you to pick up fixtures without dialogue options. If you don't input any name when using this command, then your character will grab the nearest fixture. Useful if the fixture bugs out of reach.
Shows currently online players on both servers.
The information will be displayed in the combat log.
Adopts alternate form.
- Used by Totem Druids to transform into their animal form, PC Dragons to tranform into their dragon form, and werewolves to revert to their human form.
Bear in mind that -polymorph has a 90 seconds cooldown timer before it can be used again, normally.
Set portal destination favorites
This command brings up an interface allowing you to choose up to 10 favorite destinations that will always appear on the top of the list. If no favorites are chosen the standard list will be shown when portalling.
Change your portrait (DM maintenance room only)
Use: -portrait [Portrait_file_name]
Getting the portrait file name
You can use Arelith's portrait page, or get it yourself from the files.
Getting it from the files can be a little tricky, but it's not with these simple steps:
- Download the NWN explorer tool
- Start the program from nwnexplorer
- Open NWN Main Data
- Go down and open Data\textures_02.bif
- Go down and open Images, Portrait
- Browse at your leisure!
- Once you have found the portrait you want, take note down the name without the last part after the underscore
- As example, if you want to use Po_penguin_h.tga, just take Po_penguin_
You can also use this command to change to a custom portrait. Those who don't have the custom portrait downloaded will see you with the generic hooded female or male portrait.
Request divine aid.
Invokes intervention from your Deity. It costs piety, and experience if the character is in combat.
Send a magical image of yourself with a message to target character OR create a copy of yourself. For epic illusionists only.
Use: -project_image ["character's name"] Then: [Message]
It is a general rule that your character has to know, at least the name of the character you are intending to send the image to.
You may write the name of the character completely, use the command in a tell, or write the start of the name, but be warned; if there are several characters which name starts with whatever you write, you may end up messaging the wrong character.
When you send the image to another character, it behave pretty much like a speedy: Appear, speak the message and vanish.
If you are on another server at the time, the message will come through, but will be a ball of light instead of your character's image.
If you don't input any target character - or message - then you will create a copy of yourself (or another PC, if targeted). The copy can fight, but it cannot cast spells, it will last 1 hour per caster level, and it will have a copy of all your gear. On top of that, you can speak through the copy using the -a command.
Changes chat format.
Use: -prefix_mode [number]
See: Chat Format
Flags a player for an increase in RPR. Only usable by RPR 30 and 40 players.
Use: -recomend [player name]
You may also send -recommend to the player intended for the same effect.
The recommendations are secret and may not be perceived by anybody but the DMs. The purpose of this tool is to mark players that may deserve a greater RPR to be easily reviewed by DMs.
If the player in question is at RPR 10, they will be automatically bumped up to 20.
Will de-level you and delete your character. Making you eligible to Remake said PC.
- READ THE LINKED ARTICLE FOR DETAILED INFORMATION
- USE OF THIS COMMAND WILL DELETE YOUR CHARACTER!
- REQUIRES A SERVER RESET TO OCCUR AFTER USE TO BE ABLE TO SAFELY REUSE THE SAME CHARACTER NAME
Creates an area where death cannot exist for a brief time. For epic Healers only.
Respite creates a 4.0m area of effect on the ground that lasts for 9 seconds. All creatures (including enemies) within the area of effect become immune to all forms of crowd control (except Timestop) and cannot be reduced to less than one hit point. On expiration of the zone, all allies within the area of effect are healed for 150 hit points.
Reveals your sneaking character for the specified PC.
Use: -reveal ["character name"]
Using this command will show your sneaking character to whoever you define, as if they had succeeded a spotting check. Mind that if you break line of sight you will disappear for them again.
Toggles visibility of your sneaking character for your party.
Use again to toggle off.
Useful for adventuring, as the rest of the party members will be able to see you even if you aren't in their line of sight, for better positioning of stealth characters when tackling enemies.
Note that the toggle will persist through resets.
Opens requisition menu. Rogues only.
More information in the Rogue article.
Rotates a fixture.
- -rotate_fixture [grades]
- -rotate_fixture [cardinal direction]
The fixture must be the closest within 4 yards to the character.
You can rotate it by grades, from 25 to 360, or by basic cardinal direction, that being north, east, south, west. Negative numbers can be used.
Saves your character and location manually.
Useful when player have just gained something they don't want to risk losing. Characters will also be saved regularly as they travel around the world, and will be saved automatically on logout or when the server resets (though not if the server crashes). Character are not saved when they stay for extended time in the same area and don't transition.
This command saves both your character file (xp/inventory) and your location. Use it whenever you withdraw gold from the bank or take valuable items out of a chest!
Saves current appearance of equipment.
Use: -saveoutfit [outfit_name]
Read -loadoutfit above for more information!
Magically spy a character in the server. For epic diviners only.
Use: -scry ["character name"]
Writing the name of the character (or sending -scry in a tell to the target character) will allow you to scry - that is to say, to magically divine and spy on the character - for a brief time. The command has a cost of 5 spell components.
You can scry someone under their disguised name, provided you know the disguised name if disguised, or their real name regardless of disguise status.
Characters with Epic Spell Focus in Divination can scry on other characters. Scrying works as a cutscene, showing the caster the target's current surroundings. (True Seeing won't show the scrier. Note that using any OOC methods to identify a scrier is considered metagaming.)
A Scrying characters cannot be reached by any (speedy/goblin/wisp/etc) messengers or images.
It is possible to protect yourself against scrying; for details you will have to find out in game! Epic Diviners can also sense when a scry is done upon them.
Scrying works even if a character is exiled from a settlement.
- "-scry beats -disguise - if you're being scried on, the scrier knows who you are at that point in time.
- they can't automatically recognize you on a different occasion
- being able to use -scry doesn't mean you automatically see through disguises when you're not scrying
- you can't automatically see through the disguises of anyone else you happen to see while scrying, only the person who you're actively scrying on." Mithreas
- It is a rule that your character must know the name of the character you are intending to scry. Players may mutually agree to waive it, such as a potential "-scry victim" giving permission to use their hair/blood/so on to -scry them without their name, but without this mutual agreement you must have the name.
The XP penalty for having a higher level character around will fire when the scrying is active, as the game counts the scrier as being present. This functions in the same way as having a high-level character in stealth nearby.
Please read Scrying Bugs for bug details.
Only used on the deck of a ship. Reveals basic information: heading, weather, and other statuses. Allows for repairing the vessel without a drydock.
It reveals some basic information like ship heading, weather (including the moveable storm), and other statuses. It also allows for repairing the Vessel without a drydock. Repairing requires some resources based on what you are repairing, Carpentry or Tailoring (Hull or Sails). A crafting check will be made and the DC will be affected by some parameters such as if the ship is docked or out at sea.
A minimum sail rank of 15 is required to start repairs. This also introduced a Masterly Skill check with a increased DC of +20 if you make the initial DC. Failing this Masterly Check won't fail the first roll you made. Making the Masterly Skill Check will increase the amount repaired.
This will let you examine a ship and view its stats if you are part of its crew. Basically a Character Sheet for your Ship.
A [Settings] option for the -ship command with an option to toggle certain, low-risk, prompts on / off for various Ship notifications.
Change character voiceset (DM Maintenance room only)
Use: -soundset [voiceset ID number]
The ID number you can get in the Soundset article.
Since you can't hear the voiceset straight from the file, it is advised to check it beforehand in the game in the process of creating a new character. If you wish to see/hear all the available options in NWN, you can unlock the files downloading the Portrait and Soundset Unlocker from the Neverwinter Vault and going through the process of creating a new character.
Check strings of words for typos and mistakes
- -spellc -d
- -spellc toggle
Without the parameter -d, it will check any words that you write individually.
With the parameter -d, it will check your current description.
You may write -spellc without any word or parameter after it has found a mistake, and it will offer possible corrections based on its dictionary.
The parameter toggle will turn automatic spellchecking of descriptions on or off.
Selects summoning stream.
- -stream [stream]
The former option opens a chat window with your available streams options. The latter may be used to directly select the stream without the chat prompt. The current options are: -ddef (default dragon), -sil (silver dragon), -pri (prismatic dragon), -red (red dragon), -dra (dracolich), -gol (golden dragon), -edef (default elemental), -air (air elemental), -ear- (earh elemental), -fir (fire elemental), -wat (water elemental), -ooz (ooze), -odef (default outsider), -cel (celestial), -sla (slaadi), -dev (devil), -yug (yugoloth), -dem (demon), -mec (mechanus), -mum (mummy), -vamp (vampire),
For more information, read the Summoning Changes article.
Enables non-lethal combat.
Use: -subdual Using it again to disable. A floaty text will inform you of your current state whenever you switch.
A full explanation can be found here.
Teleports to a known portal.
Note: You can use this ability to provide the portal dialogue to another target by sending them a -teleport using tell (ingame messaging).
Creates a one-way ley node for people to use. For epic transmuters only.
Use: -teleport create
Works identically as any other one-way source portal, except that this one has a 5 minutes duration.
Requires Epic Transmutation Focus and being at least level 21.
Converts time from one RL timezone to another.
- -time [Date] [Hour] [Timezone] TO [Timezone]
- -time 8 EST (converts 8 EST to your default timezone, 24-hour clock)
- -time 4 PM GMT-7 TO GMT +10
- -time 23:00 PST TO GMT
- -time 3/4 8 AM EST (need to set a default timezone)
- -time set [Timezone]
- Sets default timezone.
Currently supports: EST, CST, MST, PST, GMT, BST, CET.
If no date is entered, it will use the current day's date.
Toggle helmet and/or cloak visibility.
Use: -toggle helmet OR -toggle cloak
Check what creature spawns in the area and current population levels. Only rangers and a few subraces can -track.
Higher ranger/racial level increases the information gathered.
See also: Balance
Transfers the current player character to the PGCC server.
This will overwrite any existing character with the same name.
Disables/enables two-handing mode. Enabled by default.
When a character employs a normal-sized weapon and has nothing in the left hand, some weapons will be automatically held in two hands. Two-handing a weapon will grant half of the STR modifier as extra damage (1.5x damage).
Large races (even during polymorph) may employ -twohand with large weapons to gain +2 AB and the STR bonus damage. The Bastard Sword can be -twohand'ed by all races that would normally hold it in one hand, but does not receive the +2 AB. The Dwarven Waraxe can only be -twohand'ed by the dwarven races, but they don't receive the +2 AB either. Spears are Medium weapons in Arelith, and may be -twohand'ed similarly as above.
Toggles resistance to being tied after subdued.
Using it again to disable. A floaty text will inform you of your current state whenever you switch. For more information, read subdual.
Shows Arelith's update changelog.
Trigger a combat feat on your current target.
- -usefeat knockdown
- -usefeat calledshot
Usefeat can be used with nearly all combat feats. The feat to be used may be written directly as a shortened version.
This command is best employed when there are too many enemies (and allies!) clustered together and you want to use a specific ability on your current target without fear of missing.
Limits movement speed.
-naturalwalk means that whenever you activate Detection or Stealth, your character will move at normal walking speed, negating all class and magic speed bonus.
-alwayswalk means that the character will move at their normal walking speed (with all usual speed bonus) without activating either Detection or Stealth. Activating one of either will not slow the character further. Both systems may be combined and toggled as desired.
Invokes a protective trap-like sigil at your feet. For epic abjurers only.
Upon triggering the sigil by entering its area, it forces a will save in a small area at DC of a 9th-level spell plus abjuration foci and corresponding ability modifier. A failed save paralyzes the targets for one round. Friendly entities don't trigger the sigil upon walking on it. The duration of the sigil is considerably long (Hours/Level?)
Prevents teleportation into or out of the current map for the duration of the spell. For epic abjurers only.
Use: -ward teleport
-ward teleport closes off the current area when it comes to teleportation. No one can -teleport, use a planar portal, or use a portal lens to enter or leave the area, and no one can -yoink anyone to or from the area until the spell fades.
Note that -ward teleport uses a space, instead of an underscore.
-ward teleport is NOT to be used to trap people using -scry in an area. This is an exploit and will be punished. Please read the common bugs section for the exact quote and details.
Defines energy type used for the Eldritch Blast of the Warlocks, and also sets the visual effect
- -warlock [energy]
- -warlock [energy] glow
- -warlock -r
Note that you need to have the energy type unlocked before you can use it. Some examples of energy you can use are magic, cold, positive, electric.
Adding the parameter -glow will activate the warlock VFX according to the selected effect. -r will disable it. This saves the need to blast something and dispel to activate or deactivate the effects.
Using -warlock ? will allow you to see the full list in-game.
Teleports character in the server to the caster.
Use: -yoink ["character name"]
When attempting to yoink a character, a summoning animation will trigger, and the target character will receive a prompt informing them that somebody is trying to yoink them, which they may accept or refuse.
You may write the name of the character completely, use the command in a tell, or write the start of the name, but be warned; if there are several characters which name starts with whatever you write, you may end up Yoinking the wrong character.
Mithreas: "Areas where you can't use portal lenses already prevent conjurers from yoinking people away - this includes Death."
-yoink can be laggy and not work right away when used, also -yoink does not activate on target character if the target character is in use by another script, such as when sitting on a chair or crafting.
There is also a known bug where if the person refuses the -yoink by simply hitting the escape key rather than selecting 'No', then the caster will be unable to use that spell until a reset. Please always use the menu option out of courtesy.
Requires Epic Conjuration Focus and being at least level 21.
- -alignment good: shifts your alignment to good, keeps the y value
- -alignment evil: shifts your alignment to evil, keeps the y value
- -alignment lawful: shifts your alignment to lawful, keeps the x value
- -alignment chaotic: shifts your alignment to chaotic, keeps the x value
- -alignment neutral: shifts your alignment to true neutral
- Play a Chaotic Evil character
- Type in "-alignment lawful" and it will be changed to Lawful Evil
- This is mostly for testing purposes of, say, when one wants to try out Good vs Evil cleric and their spell effects but don't want to make a second character just to shift the alignment.
- This is restricted to Clerics.
Use: -setxp (Numbers 0 to 465000 or max)
Allows characters to specify their experience values they want. Will provide max gold on use. This also allows individuals to scribe scrolls and wands.
Eliminates the need of using the shop NPCs any further.
Use: -shop [Option]
- Arcane: Arcane Staves, Wands, Scrolls, Etc
- Armor: Armor, Clothing, and Accessories
- Crafting: Crafting Materials
- Melee1: Melee Weapons (A - L)
- Melee2: Melee Weapons (M - Z)
- Ranged: Ranged Weapons and Ammo
Use: -weapon_vfx (0-50) Applies the weapon VFX at the specified ID.