A forging workstation
|Crafting on Arelith:|
|Dweomercraft - Runes|
|Resources - Poison|
Armor - Weapons
Weapons are any item that causes physical damage when wielded by a creature. These range from melee and ranged weapons to projectiles and ammunition.
Most weapons can be created with Forging.
Arelith uses its own system to determine the level necessary to equip most gear crafted through the crafting system.
Weapons crafted through forging have their own requirement, but otherwise, all weapons follow these exact price/requirement tiers:
- 2000 GP = Level 1
- 4000 GP = Level 4
- 7000 GP = Level 7
- 15000 GP = Level 10
- 30000 GP = Level 13
- Higher cost = Level 16
- Increased UMD flagged items= Level 21
The cost of an item is determined the moment it is generated. Even if the item is enchanted, upgraded, essenced, or changes owner, the requirement will remain exactly the same.
Weapons can now be freely equipped without having the corresponding proficiency. However, if you equip a weapon which you normally wouldn't be able to hold, you:
- Will receive a -4 AB penalty
- Won't be able to use the special abilities of said weapon, such as integrated spells.
Drow may equip Whips without penalty, but they cannot invest in whip feats without having Exotic Proficiency first.
Bastard Sword can be toggled to one handed/two handed with the -twohand command. Bastard swords, however, don't receive the bonus below when they are two-handed using the command.
Club now benefits from Monk Unarmed BAB Progression.
Dwarven Waraxe can be used by Dwarves without taking the Exotic Weapon Proficiency feat. Taking feats that affect the Battleaxe (Weapon focus, Improved critical, etc) will also be granted for the Dwarven Waraxe - this is done since characters without the Exotic feat cannot normally put feats into the dwarven waraxe. Dwarves can also -twohand this weapon.
Halberd damage changed from 1d10 to 1d12.
Greataxe damage changed from 1d10 to 3d4.
Heavy Flail damage changed from 1d10 to 3d6 and critical threat range changed from 19-20/x2 to x2.
Kama size changed from Small to Tiny.
Katana is affected by Weapon Finesse. Weight is reduced from 10 lbs to 6 lbs. It can now be used with the -twohand command.
Light Hammer size changed from Small to Tiny, critical threat range changed from x2 to x3.
Light Flail size changed from Medium to Small.
Quarterstaff is now a double-sided weapon, like the double-axe and the two-bladed sword. Like other double-sided weapons, its STR damage bonus is 1.0x for the main hand and 0.5 for the offhand attacks. It is affected by Weapon Finesse. It benefits from monk's UBAB progression, but it cannot be used with Flurry of Blows.
Shuriken benefits from the monk's UBAB progression.
Spear damage lowered from 1d8/x3 to 1d6/x3. Size changed from large to Medium, thus they can be wielded with a shield. Smaller characters, such as halfings and kobolds may use them as two-handed weapons.
Note that due to a bug, a spear with shield may not be quickslotted, nor they will display the correct values in the sheet. There's a file to fix this available at Google Drive, just download and install in the Override folder.
Throwing Axes work along with Arelith's Barbarian Rage.
Trident dice changed from 1d8/x2 to 1d10/x3. They are still large weapons, and thus they cannot be wielded with shield. Weapon Focus feat will work for tridents. (Note that this is due to a work around in NWNX but it is unknown if this is a soft (i.e. counts towards +20 cap) or hard (as per normal weapon focus))
Note that some modified weapons will not be displayed correctly in the character sheet (the information displayed will not affect the performance of the weapon), such as the spear and trident. The same Google Drive file as above includes the fix.
If you classify to wield a weapon in one hand, you will not be able to use it as a two-handed even if you forego the use of a shield. The same way that the quarterstaff will always be considered a two-sided weapon, and will always attack as a two-sided weapon.
All double-sided and weapons held as two-handed by the character will grant an additional +2 AB.
Weapon visuals guide
- Standard Weapons with enhancement bonuses such as a +1, +2, +3, will all show an essence's effect.
- Visuals will show on a crafted weapon of Greensteel, Masterly Steel or Masterly Damask.
- Visuals will show on Basin Enchanted weapons.
- The only essences to grant visual effects are +4 and +1d6.
- Acid, Cold, Electrical, Fire and Sonic will all grant visual effects to these weapons.
- Divine, Positive and Negative will not show any visual effects.
- Gloves will never show any visual effects.
Note that when an essence is applied to a weapon, all previous elemental damage bonuses will be removed from that weapon (Acid, Cold, Divine, Electrical, Fire, Negative, Positive, and Sonic), regardless whether the bonus is original of the item or was added through essences or enchantment.
Arrow Management and Essencing
To get improved ammunition, you can either find them or craft bundles that can be used with assemble templates.
Bundles of ammunition can be crafted or created via the Ranger 'Archer Path'
You use the bundles on the template to transfer the stored properties onto the ammunition.
- Stable Slots will store Permanent Essences onto the Template.
- Unstable slots will store Temporary Essences (10 uses) or certain spells (5 uses)
|Basic Template||1033||5||20||500||1 Softwood
1 Ingot (Tin)
|1 Unstable Slot||Permanent|
|Simple Template||1036||15||20||2000||1 Hardwood
1 Ingot (Tin)
1 Brass Gears
2 Glass Vials
|1 Stable Slot
1 Unstable Slot
|Standard Template||1039||25||50||10000||2 Hardwood
1 Fire Agate
1 Ingot (Silver)
2 Brass Gears
3 Glass Vials
|3 Unstable Slots||Consumable|
|Stable Template||1042||35||80||25000||2 Hardwood
2 Brass Gears
3 Glass Vials
1 Small Seed Balm
|2 Stable Slots
1 Unstable Slot
|Complex Template||1067||45||160||20000||2 Hardwood
1 Adaptive Gears
4 Glass Vials
|4 Unstable Slots||Consumable|
Permanent Templates will not degrade, while Repairable ones can break if not maintained.
Consumable Templates are not repairable and will break after so many uses.
Spells for Unstable Slots
- Darkfire: 1d6 Fire, 1d6 Negative (2d4 if cast below 20 CL)
- Bless Weapon: 2d6 Divine vs Undead (Pre-20CL), vs Outsiders (Post-20CL), vs Dragon (UNKNOWN)
- Flame Weapon: 1d8 Fire (@ 25 CL)
- Holy Sword: 1d10 Divine vs Evil (@ 17 CL)
- Blackstaff: 3 Magical (@ 25 CL)
- Deafening Clang: 2 Sonic (@ 11 CL)
- Greater Magic Weapon: 5 Slashing @ 30 CL (2 base + 1 per 10 CL)
- Blade Thirst: 1d6 Negative, Vampiric +4 (@ 24 CL)
- Keen Edge: 1d6 Slashing, Wounding DC-24 (@ 25 CL)
Damage of the same type do not stack. Even if they are for specific enemies.
- -Ex: If the template has a Stable Slot with sonic damage, the unstable slot can't take Deafening Clang.
In Arelith, most weapons and armor are divided in two types - standard, that follow a strict style, and 'special', that have unique characteristics, greater power, as well as crafting requirements.
All standard weapons respect these rules:
|Iron||Attack Bonus + 1||Level 1|
|Damage Bonus + 1|
|Masterly Iron||Attack Bonus + 1||Level 4|
|Damage Bonus + 2|
|Steel||Attack Bonus + 2||Level 7|
|Damage Bonus + 2|
|Masterly Steel||Attack Bonus + 2||Level 10|
|Damage Bonus + 4|
|Greensteel||Attack Bonus + 3||Level 13|
|Keen (green light)|
|Damask||Attack Bonus + 3||Level 13|
|Damage Bonus + 3|
|Masterly Damask||Attack Bonus + 3||Level 16|
|Damage Bonus + 6|
- Most weapons share similar recipes.
- Greensteel is divided in three size tiers; small (2 coal, 1 greensteel ingot), medium (4 coals, 2 ingots), large (6 coals, 3 ingots).
- Very rarely, some recipe may require something more (Some spears need a quarterstaff for crafting).
- All masterly damask recipes are identical.
Weapon Grouping Summary Chart
In Arelith weapon feats have been customized into groupings. This means when you select Weapon Focus 1H Blunt for example, the Weapon Focus Feat applied to all the weapons below flagged as 1H Blunt. In the case of weapons with 2 groupings, either weapon feat on either grouping will affect the weapon.
|Weapon||Size||Damage||Critical||Damage Type||1H Concussion||1H Edged||2-Handed||Polearm||Missile||Thrown|