|Settlements - Factions|
Quarters - Shops - Bank
Riding - Sailing
Communication - Portals
Time - Containers/Bags
|Description - Disguise / Covered|
Languages - Experience - Quests
Pickpocket - Rest
Death - Lycanthropy
|Classes - Skills - Feats|
Spells - Summons - Misc
|Rules - Roleplay - Maps|
Common Bugs - Staff
Communication involves players and characters exchanging information. On Arelith, every effort has been made that in-character communication be done in the actual game. To allow this to happen effectively, a variety of means of communication have been added.
In character (IC) communication in game (IG) is done on Talk, Shout and Whisper channels. Everything told on these channels should be considered IC and any character hearing it can react on what is told.
Other methods of communication between characters include speedy messenger, town criers, message boards, books, and letters or notes written on writing paper. Messages for real estate users can be also left on doors of quarters or guild houses by using the message written on paper on the entrance door.
It is never allowed to send IC information via a Tell.
Out of character
Out of character (OOC) communication in game can be done only in tells to individual characters or by sending message to DM channel if such is necessary. Using other channels, even with prefix "OOC:" or "//" is forbidden by first server rule Role Play.
Note, that it is always necessary to state desired channel when setting quickslots.
- /s what? - character will say what? and anyone standing within double the normal talk range will hear it.
Shout channel is only for IC communication. Instead of the normal Shout behaviour of shouting to the entire server, it acts as a long range Talk. Just speak normally into the Shout channel, or put a /s before whatever you're going to say to shout.
- /w what? - character will whisper what?. This will be heard only to those in close distance from character.
Whisper channel is only for IC communication.
- /tk what? - character will say what?
Talk channel is only for IC communication.
Party chat is not allowed on Arelith. (/p)
- /dm Please, could someone help me to gain assassin token?
This is for OOC communication with DMs, or for OOC requests for IC information (e.g. asking whether your character finds any clues when searching).
DM channel should be used with discretion. See contacting DMs for details.
- /t "Who" what - this will send in tell "what" to character named Who
- /tp "Who" what - this will send in tell "what" to player with login name Who
Bear in mind that the name must be written exactly how it is. That means that the name is case and space sensitive.
- For example, if you want to contact a character named Wizherd, all you have to do is write exactly /t Wizherd Yerr a wizherd Harry.
- But if you want to Tell a character named Generic Wizherd, you will have to write instead /t "Generic Wizherd" Yerr still a wizherd Harry.
- If for whatever reason the character has more spaces, those have to be written too. If you want to contact " Wizherd ", you will have to type the two extra spaces at the end and the start of the name exactly as displayed. Generally, it will be easier to contact the player in those cases, unless it's even harder.
Tell can be send to a single player or a DM. Such communication is considered OOC.
It is never allowed to send IC information via a Tell, and doing so is considered metagaming.