|Settlements - Factions|
Quarters - Shops - Bank
Riding - Sailing
Communication - Portals
Time - Containers/Bags
|Description - Disguise / Covered|
Languages - Experience - Quests
Pickpocket - Rest
Death - Lycanthropy
|Classes - Skills - Feats|
Spells - Summons - Misc
|Rules - Roleplay - Maps|
Common Bugs - Staff
Player characters who are Fully Covered by clothes and armor can hide several details in their description. When a player meets the requirements cover automatically happens.
- Note: This is an experimental system and may change depending on how covered individuals are treated in game. Read more here
- -cover | Confirms if you are covered.
A Fully Covered character attempts to hide distinguishing characteristics.
- Fully Covered means all visible armor slots and a visible helm or hood. It is not necessary to wear gear in all slots, it is enough to look covered.
- The cover can be bypassed by a spot check, the closer the examiner is to you the easier it is for him to pierce your cover.
- The following properties are hidden in a covered PC:
- Removes the description of the character
- Alternatively replaces description with a cover description.
- Subrace (You will be able to tell someone is an elf, not a drow or wood elf, same for other subraces)
- Abilities approximation
- Harper Pin / Zhentarim Emblem
- Slave Collar / Outcast status
- Pirate Tattoos
Players wishing to avoid the obscuring of these details while still appearing covered are advised to set the neck piece of their outfit to 0.
Interaction with Disguise
Cover is not meant to improve disguise, it is meant to be an alternative for people without bluff that just want to hide their identity.
- Covered PCs must have their cover broken before their disguise can be broken
- The rationale is that the disguise is below the cover, and therefore cannot be seen while a PC is covered.
- Players with high bluff will have the advantage of being able to remain disguised without being covered therefore staying un-suspicious and still having their "disguised" persona.
- Players with no/low bluff will be able to hide their identity while covered but will look somewhat suspicious while doing so.
-disguise_race allows you to disguise your race as a similar one when covered (Shield Dwarf -> Gold Dwarf, Drow -> Sun Elf, etc.), breaking the cover without breaking the disguise will not reveal your real race.
Requires 20 base (points spent) into bluff or perform.
Also see the Disguise#Disguise_Matrix for how this function interacts with disguise.
|Race||-disguise_race options||Unbroken Cover|
|Human, Half-Elf||Human, Half-Elf||Human|
|Shield Dwarf, Gold Dwarf, Wild Dwarf, Duergar, Derro||Shield Dwarf, Gold Dwarf, Wild Dwarf, Duergar, Derro||Dwarf|
|Sun Elf, Moon Elf, Wild Elf, Wood Elf, Drow||Sun Elf, Moon Elf, Wild Elf, Wood Elf, Drow||Elf|
|Svirfneblin, Rock Gnome, Forest Gnome||Svirfneblin, Rock Gnome, Forest Gnome||Gnome|
|Lightfoot Halfling, Ghostwise Halfling, Strongheart Halfling||Lightfoot Halfling, Ghostwise Halfling, Strongheart Halfling||Halfling|
|Yuan-ti Pureblood "default" human shape||Human, Half-Elf, Deep Imaskari||Human|
|Yuan-ti Pureblood snake and lizardman||N/A||N/A|
|Rakshasa polymorphs||As polymorph||As polymorph|
|Vampire||As template race||As template race|
|Aasimar||As template race||As template race|
|Air Genasi||As template race||As template race|
|Earth Genasi||As template race||As template race|
|Fire Genasi||As template race||As template race|
|Water Genasi||As template race||As template race|
|Tiefling||As template race||As template race|
Rules and Boundaries
- Being covered no longer hides your description automatically and the text alerting a PC is covered now look less "Evil"