From Arelith Wiki
|Settlements - Factions|
Quarters - Shops - Bank
Riding - Sailing
Communication - Portals
Time - Containers/Bags
|Description - Disguise / Covered|
Languages - Experience - Quests
Pickpocket - Rest
Death - Lycanthropy
|Classes - Skills - Feats|
Spells - Summons - Misc
|Rules - Roleplay - Maps|
Common Bugs - Staff
A Familiar is a special type of associate for several of the arcane spell casters:
Familiars gain levels as their master gains sorcerer or wizard levels and are not unsummoned upon resting.
- Summon Familiar has a cooldown of 10 minutes, starting the moment the familiar is slain or dismissed.
- The console command -associate allows player to speak through their familiar without possessing it.
- The console command -familiar allows the caster to change the look (skin) of their familiar once on every level.
- New skin options: Attack Hound, Cat, Chicken, Dog, Falcon, Jaguar, Krenshar, Mouse, Parrot, Snake, Spider, Tiny Mycoid, Tiny Slime, Toad, Worg
- Default Familiar skin options: different skin options dependant on the selected default familiar:
- Bat: Cat, Mouse, Parrot
- Eyeball: Cat, Falcon, Toad
- Fairy Dragon: Chicken, Falcon, Parrot
- Fire Mephit: Snake, Spider
- Hell Hound: Attack Hound, Dog, Worg
- Ice Mephit: Snake, Mouse, Toad
- Imp: Toad, Spider
- Panther: Dog, Krenshar, Jaguar
- Pixie: Tiny Myconid, Tiny Slime, Mouse
- Pseudo Dragon: Chicken, Spider, Tiny Slime
- Raven: Falcon, Parrot, Tiny Myconid
- Irongron Note (11 July 2021): This is the first stage, the actual stats of the base familiars and thus also their alternatives, will be adjusted in due course.
- Characters don't gain any EXP while possessing familiars.
- Characters' state is still altered while familiar is possessed. The mage may die from hunger or thirst.
- Familiars don't have inventory. They can not carry items, including keys. They can not open door locked by a specific key or storage chests.